Pashofa Designs by J Miko Thomas
Drag, Native American Activism, Performance Art Curation, Costume Design, Singing, Playwriting, Sculpture, House Ballroom Scene, Culture Sharing, Choreographic Direction, Performance Art, Painting, Wardrobing.
With an emphasis on cultural sharing, J “Miko” Thomas is a passionate performer whether via lecture or acting in numerous local and national productions. They have performed award-winning theatre performances in the Fresh Fruit Festival out of New York. They are accustomed to the demanding stage sets and outside of performance also known for theatrical craft in wardrobe. They are known for artistic integrity.
Performance History The Wisdom of Long Nails, National Queer Indigenous Arts Festival (written by J Miko Thomas), Darthmouth University, November, 2020. Land Guide Acknowledgement: Welcome and Prayer (written and performed by J Miko Thomas) Youth in Motion, San Francisco, CA, September, 2020. Weaving Spirits Two-Spirit Art Festival, Co-Curator J Miko Thomas and Javier, San Francisco, March, 2020. The Woven Spirit, Brush Arbor Gurlz for Weaving Spirits (written and performed by J Miko Thomas), San Francisco, March, 2020. Out of Site: Soma, Ramaytush Ohlone/Joan/Doris Fish, Eye Zen Presents (written by KM Soehnlein), San Francisco, June, 2019. Bay Area Vogue Nights, (walked Face) Swagger Like Us, June 2019. Kings of the Lions Ball, (walked Face) Sissy Slayes 007, July 2018. Out of Site: North Beach, Mission Native/Jose Julio Sarria, Eye Zen Presents (written by Seth Eisen and James Metzger), San Francisco, June, 2018. Pintishkannovt Nantahavt Katihmi What Happened To Little Mouse, SF Queer Arts Festival (written by J Miko Thomas), African American Cultural Center, San Fransico, 2016. Shake the Feathers, (written, performed, and curated by J Miko Thomas) LGBT Community Center, San Francisco, 2013.
Honors & Awards
● The Susie Wong Diversity Award, The Imperial Court of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 2018.
● Heirapparent, Imperial Court System, San Francisco, 2017-2020.
● National Queer Arts Festival Grant, Queer Cultural Center, San Fransico, CA, 2016.
● Fresh Fruit Festival Award, Fresh Fruit Festival, New York, NY, 2015.
● Miss Jewel of the Galaxy, Panoche, Maui, HI, 2014
● Grand Duchess, Grand DuCal Council of San Francisco, 2009.
● Ms. Osage Hills, Two-Spirit Gathering, Tulsa, Ok, 2007.
● KQED Local Hero Award, San Francisco, CA, 2006.
● Ms. Trannyshack Star Search, San Francisco, CA 2005.
Thomas, J Miko, presenter, Black and Native Family in Conversation, Circo Zero, San Francisco, November, 2020.
Thomas, J Miko, presenter, Artist Process, Dartmouth University, November 2020.
Thomas, J Miko, presenter, Welcome and Prayer, Frameline, San Francisco, CA, September, 2020.
Thomas, J Miko, presenter, “Two-Spirit History,” Virtual International Two-Spirit Gathering, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, August, 2020.
Thomas, J Miko, presenter, Closing Ceremony, International Indigenous AIDS Conference, July, 2020.
Thomas, J Miko, presenter, Welcome and Prayer, San Francisco PRIDE, San Francisco, CA, June 2002-2020.
Thomas, J Miko, presenter and producer, Two-Spirit Cultural Competency Training, Comfort and Joy Foundation, San Francisco, February, 2020.
Thomas, J Miko, presenter, Medicine Ways Conference, University of California at Riverside, May 2017.
Thomas, J Miko, presenter, Gender Diversity, Native American Studies, California State University, Sonoma, November 2019.
Thomas, J Miko, panelist, Ballroom & The Community, Center for Integral Studies, San Francisco, February 2019.
Lakes, Landa, panelist, “House Ballroom Scene Community Panel,” Father Zander Lauren & Cal-PEP presents the World AIDS Day Ball & Community Panel, December 2018.
● Dance (improvisational, modern, powwow)
● Singing (Traditional Chickasaw sining, Indigenous hymns, and Southeastern drum songs)
● Accents (Southern, Californias, Aussie)
● Strong presentation skills ● Collaboration and teamwork
● Critical thinking
● Collaborative Decision making Languages Chickasaw & Choctaw. Spanish. German
Grand Ducal Council of San Francisco
Bay Area American Indian Two-Spirits GLBT Historical Society
Two-Spirit Powwow Committee
West Coast Ballroom Scene Alliance
International Two-Spirit Council
International Imperial Court Council
To learn more on Landa and their work: https://www.facebook.com/landa.lakes/ and https://www.instagram.com/landalakes